Author Topic: Woldwrath - Cirlce Gargantuan  (Read 4971 times)

Offline Kirby

• Pink Overlord
  • Administrator
  • Regular
    • View Profile
    • 3++ is the new black
Woldwrath - Cirlce Gargantuan
« on: August 02, 2012, 03:37:21 PM »
SPD: 5
STR: 16
MAT: 6
RAT: 5
DEF: 7
ARM: 20
Fury: 4
Health: 12 Mind 24 Body 20 Spirit (56 Total)

Construct

Spell Ward- This model cannot be targeted by spells.

Lightning Strike
RNG: 14 RoF: 1 AoE: - Pow: 15
Damage Type Electricity
Storm Generator- When a model is directly hit with this weapon, center a 3" AOE on it. You can then have lightning arc to the nearest model within 4" of the model hit, ignoring the attacking model. The model the lightning arc to suffers an unboostable POW 10 electrical damage roll. After this damage roll is resolved, center a 3" AOE on the model the lightning arced to. The AOES remain in play for one round. Models entering or ending their activations in an AOE suffer a POW 10 electrical damage roll.

Stone Fistx2
Pow: 3 P+S: 19
Open Fist
(Not magical weapons like the other constructs)
Earth Shaker- When an enemy model is directly hit by an attack made with this weapon, center a 4" AOE on the model directly hit. Models in the AOE are knocked down.

Animus
Druid's Wrath
Cost:2 RNG: Self
Friendlly Faction models gain an additional die on magic attack rolls targeting enemy models within 10" of this model. Druid's wrath lasts for one turn.

So people's thoughts?

I think it looks pretty decent - Earth Shaker & Lightning Strike seem pretty good and obviously focused at infantry clearing though some nice uses could be applied with a localised AOE KD effect. Animus is obviously very good with Druids & several casters though Fury 4 and Spell Ward could limit its damage capacity in combat, etc.

Still SP5 and MAT6 which are higher than normal and ARM20 with 56 boxes makes it quite durable as you would expect. Not bad overall I think though I'm not sure how Hordes will go with a 19/20 point model with only 4/5 fury in terms of management there.
- Kirby.

Offline Wild

• View Profile
Re: Woldwrath - Cirlce Gargantuan
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2012, 08:54:28 PM »
Honestly, it's good and bad, and more than likely will only be seen in Baldur lists and Druid-heavy lists.  The fact he can't be targeted by spells hurts, so only feat buffs will work like eBaldur's Roots of the Earth feat version.  Also being only Fury 4....is pretty normal, considering it can't frenzy.  A good fury bank like the other Wolds when needed.  Having the same fury as Megalith and on a larger base does help.  His animus also works well as a forward piece.  And despite the lower defense, the Woldwrath is faster than the majority of the colossals, with the exception of Cryx who outranges this guy on a charge.

EDIT: And by Druid I'm including the Warlocks who cast a lot as well i.e. Morvahnna, Krueger, Cassius.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 11:32:49 PM by Wild »

Offline Chair126

• View Profile
Re: Woldwrath - Cirlce Gargantuan
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2012, 08:38:22 PM »
looks butt ugly AFAIK