Author Topic: Necron Tactica - 6th edition  (Read 15479 times)

Offline Tarrasq

• Regular
    • View Profile
Re: Necron Tactica - 6th edition
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2012, 09:42:35 AM »
Tomb blades have become a pet unit of mine too bad I think the models are awful.

I agree about the destroyers.  They should be able to access the same weapons as the stalker except the Tesla cannon for the heat ray. I'd love to see more access to particle shredders.

Offline Saramoff

• View Profile
    • Melta Martini: Shaken, not stunned.
« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2012, 02:23:04 PM »
The change to snipers have me wondering if Deathmarks are going to be popular or used for a little bit.

Quick question, when you use a Cryptek's Veil of Darkness to Deep strike, does it count as redeploying for the purpose of picking a new Marked for Death target?

Offline Majinmonkey

• Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2012, 02:54:13 PM »
No I don't think out counts as redeploying, but remember that crypteks share the ability to wound on a 2up if they are in the unit.

Now that makes for a Nice flamer, or perhaps tremorstave. I've only tried them a few times but they killed the love out of a daemon prince

Offline Tarrasq

• Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2012, 04:45:19 PM »
With the look out sarge! rule the directed hit rules are really only going to be useful for taking out the non-character special weapons in a squad.  Snipers don't have the volume of fire to get around look out sarge.  Barring any rule changes, deathmarks are just a way to give abyssal staves 2+ to wound.

Offline Majinmonkey

• Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2012, 05:26:04 PM »
Changes to rapid for mean closing to support range will be smoother, and I think within 12 in they mass fire just fine.

Also precision shot can be made more likely by twin linking them with your laser pointer on spider leg chassis.

Offline Kirby

• Pink Overlord
  • Administrator
  • Regular
    • View Profile
    • 3++ is the new black
« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2012, 06:00:26 PM »
They're still not a great unit though. I'd rather use mobility (i.e. veil on a different unit) to pick out units or just get straight up more firepower for the points. Precision striking on 6's is nice but not worth the extra investment I feel. I think you'd really need a 10-man unit to be effective and that's not cheap, they don't score or do anything else so are they really worth it?
- Kirby.

Offline Scuzgob

• Regular
  • You require additional dakka
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2012, 08:56:36 PM »
i dont think so. 6th has improved them for sure, but not enough in my opinion to edge them over other similar choices (immortals) or the other good elite choices (lychguard, stalker). somebody will try some wacky veil/abyssal trick list with them though

Offline Tarrasq

• Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2012, 09:28:24 PM »
Take immortals for instance. Not only do they get Gauss but on a majority of infantry targets they are getting that 4+ to wound or better against multiple units. Deathmarks don't help against high AP and they fail to wound half the time if the target isn't marked.

Immortals cost less and are better than deathmarks except against T6+ or T4+ marked units.

There are too many twin-linked weapons in the codex on good units to justify taking stalkers unless you really miss ye olde warrior phalanx. For 150 points you could take 11 more immortals or a somewhat pimped out squad of 5 tomb blades.

Offline Saramoff

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 21, 2012, 01:59:52 AM »
Curiously, read the rules on Deep Strike. It says in the following shooting phase you can shoot 'as normal'.

If you Deep Strike in an enemies movement phase, can you shoot with that unit?

Offline Hammerdal

• Design Team
  • Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2012, 07:44:04 AM »
Curiously, read the rules on Deep Strike. It says in the following shooting phase you can shoot 'as normal'.

Well, seeing as you normally cannot shoot during the opponent's shooting phase, I'd say no.

Offline Majinmonkey

• Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2012, 04:40:42 AM »
So the new faq says regardless of being a zooming flyer, units can re embark on night scythes.I heard that this was an update to the iPad codex so it's been out for a while.

Did anyone else know about this before the faq?

Offline Saramoff

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2012, 01:44:57 AM »

Well, seeing as you normally cannot shoot during the opponent's shooting phase, I'd say no.

The wording is a little vague though; does it mean you shoot as per normal rules or are you allowed to make a shooting attack following the normal rules for being able to shoot?

I think it's at least worth an FAQ clarification.

Offline Majinmonkey

• Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2012, 07:10:21 AM »
Some part of me says "the following movement phase? Muhahahahaha"

The other part of me thinks you need obvious and explicit permission to shoot outside of your own phase