Author Topic: MSS and Challenges  (Read 1978 times)

Offline MadmanMSU

• View Profile
MSS and Challenges
« on: July 05, 2012, 08:53:56 AM »
Which happens first?  Mindshackle Scarabs or Challenge declarations?

Both say that they occur "at the beginning of the fight sub-phase".  If MSS happens first, you determine who gets hit BEFORE you move into base contact with the challenger/challengee.  If Challenges happen first, then the only target you are in BtB with is the challenger/challengee, who then has to take the MSS roll.

Offline Chair126

• View Profile
Re: MSS and Challenges
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2012, 08:52:48 PM »
i would imagine the 2nd as challenges say who fight who

then you get other bonuses like lash whips, scarabs, and so on

mr.darkness

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2012, 11:37:54 AM »
I agree. the way that people seem to be playing it is that you challenge, then do MSS. this makes them even better than last edition because it is a very risky proposition for your opponent to accept  the challenge.

mr.darkness

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2012, 11:39:17 AM »
I agree. the way that people seem to be playing it is that you challenge, then do MSS. this makes them even better than last edition because it is a very risky proposition for your opponent to accept  the challenge.

Offline Tarrasq

• Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2012, 02:47:07 PM »
If it's your turn you get to choose the order of all simultaneous effects. 

Bottom line is if the MSS character gets charged, and your opponent is aware of the rules, you may be forced to MSS randomly before the challenge is issued (since you can't pile in until your initiative step you have little control over who the MSs character is in BTB with, if it's not your turn).  However MSS will work on all the following rounds.

At worst you lose 1 round of the enemy character having to take an MSS test. At best he kills himself for you.