Author Topic: Charge Range Probabilities  (Read 10297 times)

Offline WestRider

• Regular
    • View Profile
Re: Charge Range Probabilities
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2012, 06:27:39 PM »
OK, OK, finally getting around to it...

Why couldn't 6th have dropped in Winter? I'm way more productive when I'm not fending off Heat Stroke all the time :P
Anything taken to its logical extreme is depressing, if not carcinogenic.
- Ursula K. LeGuin

Offline Tarrasq

• Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2012, 09:32:05 PM »
Hey you can only blame yourself for living in the wrong hemisphere :)

I double checked the difficult terrain numbers and for 3" I had 92.5% in my notes.  That's what I get for using my phone.  The rest are correct I'm sure of it. In the other list he has 10/216 for 10" where it should be 11/216 triple five results in 10" after all. He also gave one to few results for 5" that should be 169/216 and 9" should be 23/216. He miscounted somewhere and has 215 results where he should have 216.

I'm not sure how Maeloke got his fleet numbers but from 3" to 7" his results are worse than rerolling both dice.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 10:45:53 PM by Tarrasq »

Offline Ben

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2012, 12:55:56 PM »
I wrote up a full table of the results for 2D6 and 3D6 for both regular and fleet, http://www.40kmath.com/blog/average-charge-ranges-and-rerolls/9.  Let me know if you have questions. I am going to make a sheet to print out to take with you to your games tomorrow.

myopic spore

« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2012, 03:04:13 AM »
Hi, this is my first post but I have created a cheat sheet that people may find helpful.

https://www.box.com/s/83e5be35aa26d32bb5df

It not only shows the probability of reaching a particular charge distance for all 4 different setups (no DT no fleet, no DT with fleet, DT no fleet and DT with fleet) but also how many dice you should re-roll in all circumstances to maximise your chances to get a given charge distance.

I have endeavored to avoid any mistakes, but obviously they could have crept in - please let me know if you spot anything.