Author Topic: Does Immotekh's Lightning hit is allies? A discussion for a new era..  (Read 1771 times)

Coyote81

Does Immotekh's Lightning hit is allies?

My take on it.  To start, no.

Because although it is not a shooting attack from imotekh, the units being hit as if they were being shot (How many times have you taken a cover save from smokes, or something similar against the lightning?  How could you if you don't treat it as if your being shot?).

And it says the allies of convenience are treated as enemies that can not be shot by their allies.*see rulebook section on allies of convenience*

The lightning is a special ability and thus comes from the necron army (it has to, if there wasn't a necron army on the table, there wouldn't be any lightning)  Since it comes from the necron army, it cannot hit necron allies.

Looking for reason that it does or doesn't work.  Please give valid response and quotes if possible. (I would have but I'm at work with no rule book.)

Offline WestRider

• Regular
    • View Profile
I've been assuming that it fell under "other ability that affects an area", since it nails every Unengaged Enemy Unit on the Board. Which is a category that it says will affect Allies of Convenience.

It's not exactly clear-cut, tho.
Anything taken to its logical extreme is depressing, if not carcinogenic.
- Ursula K. LeGuin

Coyote81

Is the battefield really count as an area for area of effect abilities?

Offline WestRider

• Regular
    • View Profile
Like I said, it's far from clear cut. I'm not going to argue with an opponent regardless of which way they play it, because I don't feel like there's enough one way or another to back it up in a real argument, but I am going to ask any time I run up against Imhotep with Allies, because I can see either.

If I were running Imhotep with Allies myself, I would absolutely take the Lightning Hits, but that's more on the basis of Jervis's Razor than anything in the RAW.
Anything taken to its logical extreme is depressing, if not carcinogenic.
- Ursula K. LeGuin