Author Topic: Abyssal Staff attacks  (Read 2287 times)

Offline MadmanMSU

• View Profile
Abyssal Staff attacks
« on: July 16, 2012, 06:30:39 AM »
Using a veiltek, the Abyssal Staff is a template attack that compares its strength 8 attack to the targets leadership instead of toughness.  Does that mean that characters can substitute their higher leadership for the attack?  Or do you still use the majority characteristic as with a normal shooting attack?

I would argue that itís actually the latter, since a shooting attack is not a leadership test, and characters can only substitute their higher LD specifically on a leadership test.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 06:32:22 AM by MadmanMSU »

Offline WestRider

• Regular
    • View Profile
Re: Abyssal Staff attacks
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2012, 01:56:40 PM »
I would say that you'd substitute Ld for Toughness on a Model-by-Model basis, and then use the Rules for Mixed Toughness to work out the final target that you're rolling against.

That's just based on what seems like it would work out well rather than any citation I can find, tho.
Anything taken to its logical extreme is depressing, if not carcinogenic.
- Ursula K. LeGuin

Offline Tarrasq

• Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2012, 08:51:21 AM »
For this partcular weapon and weapons like it just substitute leadership for toughness in all applicable shooting rules. 

I just wish it wasnt a 6+ against LD 10 since I expect more and more 'crons in the future.

Offline Majinmonkey

• Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2012, 09:21:12 AM »
As far as marines go it's a ap1 flamer, and it's essentially an ap1 hand flamer vs terminators.
and firing overwatch with a few of these babies could really deter some charges