Author Topic: Help with army list [Tyranids]  (Read 1631 times)

Offline Kirby

• Pink Overlord
  • Administrator
  • Regular
    • View Profile
    • 3++ is the new black
Help with army list [Tyranids]
« on: July 23, 2012, 03:12:02 PM »
Hi there Mr. Kirby,
I was tasked with making a list for my mate who plays 'Nids but since I don't know much about the army I am imploring for your assistance.This is what I've come up with:

HQ1: Hive Tyrant, Wings, 2 x TL Devourers, Hive Commander (285)
HQ2: Hive Tyrant, Wings, 2 x TL Devourers (260)
Elites 1: 3 Zoanthropes (180)
Elites 2: 2 Hive Guard (100)
Elites 3: 2 Hive Guard (100)
Troops 1: Tervigon, Adrenal Glands, Toxic Sacks, Toxic Miasma (210)
Troops 2: Tervigon, Adrenal Glands, Toxic Sacks (195)
Troops 3: 10 Termagants (50)
Troops 4: 10 Termagants (50)
Fast Attack : Harpy (160)
Fast Attack : Harpy (160)

One Flyrant has Hive Commander in case the opponent has a lot of flyers, the FMCs  will stay in reserves and hopefully shoot down something when they come on the table. Also this way the Tervigon can outflank which is fun for Linebreaker.

For Psychic Powers I am thinking about Biomancy for the Flyrants (mainly for self buffing for protection with Iron Arm and Endurance) and Telekinesis for the Zoanthropes (mainly to deal with flyers with auto-hit powers like Assail and Mechanicum). In case of too many flyers the Flyrants might take Telekenisis too and in case of no or too few vehicles Zoanthropes can take Biomancy (multiple Enfeebles + Toxic Miasma is fun as we found out in a game VS my orks the other day).

My mate really likes his Harpies by the way. Not sure how useful they are now but but I am guessing there is going to be a shift to more infantry based armies (or see more infantry in general) so 2+D3 pie plates couldn't hurt. Also make a good FMC saturation along with the Flyrants.

I think the list scales up nicely to 2000 points with the addition of another 10 Termagants + Tervigon.

Please let me know what you think of this.

Thank you for your time,
Lefteris "The Antipope" Gavalas

Harpies are still pretty meh I feel, so unless he's really set on them and already has models, I'd lean away from them tbh. I don't feel you need Hive Commander either - Flyrants are already expensive and if you want to reserve deny, a 3+ is still pretty good. Tervigon doesn't need Miasma either - extra points here can go into Gants (bigger starting squads aren't a bad thing anymore) or another Hive Guard.

If you don't end up taking Harpies, Dakkafexes or Gargoyles are both solid choices which could replace them. Without a Prime I'd probably go with the Gargs and buff up the Hive Guard squads.
- Kirby.