Author Topic: 1500 Eldar w/ Dark Eldar Biker  (Read 1592 times)

Offline Kirby

• Pink Overlord
  • Administrator
  • Regular
    • View Profile
    • 3++ is the new black
1500 Eldar w/ Dark Eldar Biker
« on: July 23, 2012, 03:34:17 PM »
First off, HUGE fan of your blog. I read it everyday, and as I'm stuck in India at the moment. I read it even more. You guys are really insightful especially you, your Tyranids post was spot on in my opinion and a lot of people couldn't present it as well as you did. Anyways enough fanboying around I don't mean to make you uncomfortable. Just a really big fan. So with 6th out here is the list I'm planning on toting around. I've always liked two types of Eldar: Jetbikes and foot lists, but I usually pick one or the other. Also since I have Craftworld and Dark Eldar (what elves are cool) I decided to mix the two together for a cool fast deadly list. So without further ado, here is the list.

HQ

Farseer
-Doom/Runes of Warding

Haemonculus
-Hex Rifle

Elites

6x Trueborn
-2x Dark Lances

Troops

6x Guardian Jetbikes
-2x Shuriken Cannons

6x Guardian Jetbikes
-2x Shuriken Cannons

10x Warriors
-1xDark Lance
-Raider (Splinter Racks)

10x Warriors
-1xDark Lance
-Raider (Splinter Racks)

Fast Attack

6x Reaver Jetbikes
-2x Blasters

Heavy Support

Fire Prism

Fire Prism

Razorwing Jetfighter

Puts me at about 1493

What do you guys think about this list I have 8 lances 2 blaster lances (18inch assault lance) 2 fire prism shots and 12 S6 mobile shots not to mention tons of poison.
What do you feel? It looks like not really enough survivability or firepower but I really do have crazy movement.

Basically Farseer and Haemeo go with Trueborn squad. The rest works itself around the table.

Do you have any idea on how to make this list more effective?  I feel there is something really missing from this list. But I don't know what.

Always your fan,
Ryan

Missing? Fire Dragons ^^.

I'd run the Warriors as medium Wrack units instead - cheaper and leaves points elsewhere. The Trueborn aren't really needed as a one-off unit so I'd drop them (Seer + Haemon go with Wrack units, Haemon starts with Reavers) and look to get 2x Dragons in Wave Serpents. You're going to need to drop something else though and that would most likely need to be the Razorwing (you want two Prisms if you take one) or both Prisms and look to do something else with those points (Falcon with small Dire Avengers in it?).

Either way though, I don't think it will be hugely awesome. Eldar + DE are weak in Troops and this isn't any different. Best way I could see these two being used is likely DE parent with 6x Troops and Eldar adding in two Avenger Serpents or Pathfinder squads and then a Bike Council. You don't get the Bike troops but you get the Bike Council which hits your bike theme. Not likely to really work super well at 1500 though...
- Kirby.