Author Topic: Ghost Arks Resurecting Crypteks? What is this WHFB?  (Read 1733 times)

Offline Majinmonkey

• Regular
    • View Profile
Ghost Arks Resurecting Crypteks? What is this WHFB?
« on: July 28, 2012, 08:52:55 AM »
The ghost ark can create models to add to a squad of Necron warriors within 6in.

Assuming there was a Necron lord or cryptek attached to the unit of warriors at the beginning of the game, and that it was at some point removed as a casualty, if I successfully use the ghost arks ability, can the cryptek or Necron lord be included in the d3 models I add to the unit?

If so is there any particular order I must follow? Would this allow me to return to play independent character models who lost their last wound having joined the unit?

Seems cheesy but you can resurrect character models in when you cast regrowth in whfb.

Offline WestRider

• Regular
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost Arks Resurecting Crypteks? What is this WHFB?
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2012, 03:10:59 PM »
The thing is, it's not actually worded as bring lost models back. It says to add Models to a Unit of Necron Warriors, and this cannot bring the Unit above starting Strength.

If you don't take that as limited to adding Necron Warrior Models, then would be no restrictions on it whatsoever, and it could add in Wraiths or Lychguard or Triarch Praetorians to the Warrior Squad.

It's not worded as clearly as it could be, but without specific additional wording, I can't see it adding anything other than Warriors without opening the gate on all kinds of weirdness.
Anything taken to its logical extreme is depressing, if not carcinogenic.
- Ursula K. LeGuin

Offline Majinmonkey

• Regular
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost Arks Resurecting Crypteks? What is this WHFB?
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2012, 10:14:12 PM »
Yeah that makes total sense and is the reasonable conclusion. Apparently I was too excited to notice they're new models with no bearing on what was there, thanks for the reality check.