Author Topic: 1500 Ravenwing  (Read 1632 times)

Offline Kirby

• Pink Overlord
  • Administrator
  • Regular
    • View Profile
    • 3++ is the new black
1500 Ravenwing
« on: August 07, 2012, 01:34:00 PM »
Now, I know Ravenwing isn't exactly competitive these days, but I'm making an attempt at it (especially since their models are so cool!).

So the list is thus:

Sammael on Jetbike

Librarian on Bike

Ravenwing Command Squadron
-6 Bikes (2 plasmaguns, Sarge w/ Plasma Pistol)
-Apothecary
-Standard Bearer
-Attack Bike w/ Multi-melta

Ravenwing Attack Squadron
-6 Bikes (2 plasmagun, Sarge w/ Plasma Pistol)

Ravenwing Attack Squadron
-6 Bikes (2 plasmagun, Sarge w/ Plasma Pistol)

Ravenwing Support Squadron
-Land Speeder w/ Heavy Bolter & Typhoon Missile Launcher

Ravenwing Support Squadron
-Land Speeder w/ Heavy Bolter & Typhoon Missile Launcher

It's a fairly straightforward list. Librarian trades in both of his powers for Divination powers. Squads combat squad for MSU. Speeders pick away at long range.

I've debated the special weapons, and came to the conclusion that for pure utility, the plasmagun would be a better call than meltas or flamers.

Libby isn't needed - he doesn't bring the utility he used to in terms of defenses and the powers aren't really going to make the Command squad any scarier. Outside of the Command squad I'd be running melta - Dreads are still the scariest thing to this list and melta drops them. Plasma on the command with FNP is fine to stop you dying from overheats but melta is just as good as before on flast platforms which is what Ravenwing are.

With dropping the Libby and points saved on the Plasmaguns I'd look to get another small squad of Ravenwing in there + another Typhoon if possible. Lots of Fearless Bike units forces your opponent to deal with them all but you don't have many so be wary.
- Kirby.