Author Topic: Codex Marines 1850  (Read 1712 times)

DoZer

Codex Marines 1850
« on: August 23, 2012, 02:00:55 AM »
So I am preparing for a tournament in March, and since I am in school full time I need to get a head start on the list as I have plenty of painting to do.

So without further ado:

HQ:
Librarian in TDA - Null Zone, Gate of Infinity, Storm Bolter - 130 pts

Elite:
Dreadnought - Plasma Cannon, DCCW - 115 pts
Dreadnought - Plasma Cannon DCCW - 115 pts
Terminators- Sgt PW/SB, 2 x CML/SB/PF, 2 x SB/CF, 5x SB/PF - 470 pts

Troop:
Tac squad #1: 10 Man, Meltagun, Multimelta, Rhino - 210 pts
Tac squad #2: 10 Man, Meltagun, Multimelta, Rhino - 210 pts
Tac squad #3: 10 Man, Meltagun, Multimelta, Rhino - 210 pts

Heavy Support:
Predator: Autocannon Turret, Lascannon Sponsoons - 120 pts
Predator: Autocannon Turret, Lascannon Sponsoons - 120 pts
Dev Squad: 4x Missile Launcher - 150 pts

1850 points on the dot

Plan being a staggered defense. The terminators get split. The two CMLs get together in one squad, and the two Chainfists gate around with the librarian. The tac squads really roll forward slightly and are melta bunkers. The dreads follow behind the melta bunkers taking out targets of opportunity and preventing anything from getting to close to the tacs. The preds shoot away, and even if they have to move, they can at least now snap shot the sponsoons if they must. The devs.....well they just shoot away. If there is one unit I am iffy about in this list its them. I am not pleased with their inclusion, but unfortunately I am limited to certain models and I couldn't fit much else in that I currently own with the points available.

If it will help everyone I can put up a model list tonight of what I own for ease of reference for revisions.

Offline Majinmonkey

• Regular
    • View Profile
Re: Codex Marines 1850
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2012, 07:04:33 AM »
Seems good, I share the concern about the devastators, if you have the models, 3 MM attack bikes might be better.

Just wondering, any reason why the Terminator Sergeant can't hold one of those chain fists? Is the upgrade worded like boyz.squads, letting you give big shootas to the nobs?

Is null zone designed to mess with any thing in particular? Cause machine curse is better now and his flyers.

EDIT: I looked at my codex and never mind the sergeant with chain fist idea, don't work.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 08:22:20 AM by Majinmonkey »

Offline Wyrmnax

• Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2012, 04:39:17 AM »
Space marine devs are really too expensive to what they bring.

The suggestion to trade them for multi melta bikes is good, as would bring one more predator instead.

I have been running my SM list with a couple plasma cannon dreads and... well... Im unimpressed with them.

Actually, my list looks a lot like yours, but i use 3 dakkapreds and multimelta bikers.

I have been thinking - what about allies for this list? Both Deathwing and GK can bring those Terminators as scoring, while having nearly the same basic functionality. That could be ditch one of the Tatical squads, and then you would have a lot of points to bring a couple extra dreads, or predators, or whatever.

Offline BaselessElm

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2012, 07:10:32 PM »
I second the idea of Deathwing allies. They shore up your scoring (admittedly at the cost of having to bring Belial) whilst still bringing the firepower and midfield presence granted by your vanilla terminators.

If ordering from forgeworld/minor conversions are no issue, I'd also look at taking rifleman dreadnoughts instead of the plasma cannon ones- they'll provide more firepower than your devastators ever could, and are some of the best anti-air in the game, which is a department your list is pretty lacking in at the moment.  The firepower they bring also means you can probably drop the devastators in favour of something like, for instance, sternguard, or hell, attack bikes as mentioned earlier, which increase your midfield presence.