Author Topic: Grey Knights - 1500  (Read 1872 times)

axleflint

Grey Knights - 1500
« on: August 24, 2012, 04:46:13 PM »
Just a basic Grey Knights list for 6th.

HQ
-   (1) Grand Master – 175pts.
Incinerator – 5pts.
Psychotroke grenades – 15pts.
Total – 195pts.

-   (1) Ordo Xenos Inquisitor – 25pts.
Psyker – 30pts.
Total – 55pts.

Elites

-   (4) Paladin Squad – 220pts.
Nemesis force halberds – n/a
Daemon hammer – n/a
Brotherhood banner – 25pts.
Total – 245pts.

Troops

-   (5) Strike Squad – 100pts.
Psycannon – 10pts.
Daemon hammer – 10pts.
Total – 120pts.
-   (1) Razorback – 45pts.
Psybolt ammunition – 5pts.
Total – 50pts.

Psycannon – 10pts.
Daemon hammer – 10pts.
Total – 120pts.
Total – 50pts.

Psycannon – 10pts.
Daemon hammer – 10pts.
Total – 120pts.
Total – 50pts.

Fast Attack

-   (1) Stormraven Gunship – 205pts.
Twin-linked multi-melta – n/a
Twin-linked lascannons – n/a
Total – 205pts.

Heavy Support

-   (1) Dreadnought – 115pts.
Twin-linked autocannons – 15pts.
Total – 135pts.

-   (1) Dreadnought – 115pts.
Twin-linked autocannons – 15pts.
Total – 135pts.

Total – 1500pts.

Inquisitor(Divination) in with Grand Master and Paladins in the Stormraven. Strike Squads sit back at max range in Psybacks with Dreadnoughts. Raven comes in to drop payload to support army/tear opening in opponent's army.

I actually have 20pts to spend to bring it to 1500 on the nose. Any suggestions?

Offline BaselessElm

• View Profile
Re: Grey Knights - 1500
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2012, 06:53:01 PM »
Seems pretty solid for 1500, although I have to say, rad grenades are much better than psychotroke, if for no other reason than consistency in effect; to be honest I don't know why you're not taking them. In fact, that's a probably the best use of 15 of those last 20pts.

Otherwise you could use those excess points for a warding stave on the paladins, it's probably inefficient but the ability to soak powerfist wounds is useful if you have spare points.

You could drop the inquisitor and a few more points for a brotherhood champion; yes you lose divination, but with the way wound allocation works at the moment he can pretty much negate all damage in close combat due to his rerolling 2+ save. He also gives rerolls to hit on the charge, and so somewhat makes up for the loss of divination, and is another source of hammerhand, so the paladins can get S6 by stacking hammerhand on the GM and champion, and then still have a warp charge left over to activate force weapons (which will be redundant if one is running rad grenades, but still, it means you can ID stuff like MCs and whatnot without issue). It may seem a little winmore, but if you're running paladins in a raven it looks like a solid investment.

Just a couple of thoughts.

Offline Wyrmnax

• Regular
    • View Profile
Re: Grey Knights - 1500
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2012, 07:55:51 AM »
I think it feels really small for 1500 points.

I mean, i have seen deathwing armies with more models at that point level. Granted, not nearly enough vehicles, but you do have a fairly low bodycount.

Especially in scoring. While the Grand Master can make some stuff scoring, you have only 15 scoring bodies per se. Thats very low.