Author Topic: 2400pts. Skaven Tournament List  (Read 3628 times)

Offline Zero

• View Profile
2400pts. Skaven Tournament List
« on: August 30, 2012, 02:03:12 AM »
Lords - 285pts.
Grey Seer - Talisman of Preservation - 285pts.

Heroes - 481pts.
Chieftain - BSB, Storm Banner, Halberd - 122pts.
Plague Priest - Level 2 Wizard, Plague Furnace, Flail, Dispel Scroll - 314pts.
Warlock Engineer - 45pts.

Core - 723pts.
20 Clanrats - Full Command, Shields, Warpfire Thrower - 180pts.
40 Skavenslaves - 80pts.
40 Skavenslaves - 80pts.
5 Giant Rats, 1 Packmaster - 23pts.

Special - 428pts.
35 Plague Monks - Full Command, Plague Banner - 300pts.
8 Plague Censer Bearers - 128pts.

Rare - 480pts.
Doomwheel - 150pts.
Doomwheel - 150pts.
Warp Lightning Cannon - 90pts.
Warp Lightning Cannon - 90pts.

TOTAL - 2397pts.

So first thing's first, don't just come along, quote my post and write "gutter runners" like you're the almighty lord of critiquing lists and don't have time to write anything half-decent or think about what might be going on with the list.

That said, I am considering 6 Gutter Runners in place of the Plague Censer Bearers and then adding another Rat Dart. My only problem is that they seem boring, the Censer Bearers do huge damage and Doomwheels are very capable of taking War Machines if needed. I know it nerfs the list slightly not to take them, but I want to run something fun while I win...

Basically, the units of 20 rats keep back a bit, bait and flee so the Warpfire Throwers can hit and the unit not carrying a character can be sacrificed as needed for the other two units that will be carrying the Grey Seer and BSB if needed.

Advice welcome, provided it's more than just the name of a unit out of my Army Book.
What matters creative endless toil
When, at a snatch, oblivion ends the coil?

Offline Majinmonkey

• Regular
    • View Profile
Re: 2400pts. Skaven Tournament List
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2012, 06:01:24 AM »
So to be honest the warp lightning cannon boggles my mind.

I understand its good, but how do you use it? The str equal to artillery dice thing just blows my ability to math hammer right out of the water

besides that weapons ability to confuse me, I like the list. The storm banner really hoses some competition.

Offline Zero

• View Profile
Re: 2400pts. Skaven Tournament List
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2012, 01:51:06 PM »
So to be honest the warp lightning cannon boggles my mind.

I understand its good, but how do you use it? The str equal to artillery dice thing just blows my ability to math hammer right out of the water

besides that weapons ability to confuse me, I like the list. The storm banner really hoses some competition.
The Warp Lightning Cannons are a bit random, but what isn't for Skaven? ;) They always ignore armour, cause D6 wounds and the blast at the end helps to hit plenty more guys, so it's not all bad. Generally I just use them like regular cannons if I feel I need to in order to handle Monsters and the like, but they can also nail heavier infantry and knights generally more efficiently than regular cannons (provided you get anything other than S2).

Thanks for the comments. This has to be the only forum I've found other than Miniwargaming where I don't get grammar-less sheep commenting on my threads. I'm quite stoked :D
What matters creative endless toil
When, at a snatch, oblivion ends the coil?