Author Topic: White Scars (SM) + SW allies. Bikes that ignore terrain  (Read 1923 times)

Offline Rakaydos

• View Profile
White Scars (SM) + SW allies. Bikes that ignore terrain
« on: October 01, 2012, 06:44:07 AM »
Looking for the best way to build a mobile list that uses Fenrisian Wolf Wargear(beasts, who in 6th have Move through cover) on a WGBL to field at least 2 squads of bikes that can move 12" regardless of terrain.

I dont have my books in front of me, but... White scars HQ (in the Codex: Space Marine book) with his bike, giving the entire list Outflank and  the ability to take SM bikes of at least 5 models as troops. Space Wolves can take 2 HQ units per HQ slot, and each WGBL (the cheapest option) can take a Bike and a Fenrisian wolf, granting the entire squad the ability to ignore Dangerous Terrain (which is what bikes treat difficult terrain as).

I'm not sure whether to go SM as the main list, taking two bikes squads with 2 WGBL and spending the rest on support squads, or going whole hog, SW main list, White Scars ally, 2 scoring bike allies (with WGBL) and 2 Swiftclaw squads with a WGBL and a Wolfguard Biker, with a pair of Grey Hunters (with WG, cause I need at least a 3rd for a WG squad) as mandatory troops for plasma support. Throw in a Long Fang squad, because I can give them my 5th, HW Wolf Guard, for 7 missiles per turn.

Offline Rakaydos

• View Profile
Re: White Scars (SM) + SW allies. Bikes that ignore terrain
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2012, 10:58:23 AM »
Kor'sarro Khan w/Moondrakkan: 205
SM Bike Squad, 5 bikes, 1 attack bike w/multimelta, 2 plasma guns, combiplas sergent: 230 points
SM Bike Squad, 5 bikes, 1 attack bike w/multimelta, 2 plasma guns, combiplas sergent: 230 points
SWBL, Bike, fenwolf, stormshield, powerfist, WTT: 175
SWBL, Bike, Fenwolf, WTT, Combi plasma: 125

Grey hunters, 10, 2 plasma: 160
Grey hunters, 10, 2 plasma: 160

Swiftclaw bikers: 10 bikes, 1 HB attack bike, 1 powerfist: 305

Wolf guard: Bike
1 bikes (53) 2 power fists (38, 38)

...I know I'm over budget alreaty... what should I remove?

EDIT: stripped the Space Wolves back to an ally choice.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 08:01:49 PM by Rakaydos »