Author Topic: Blood Hammer 1500 for 6th edition... possible?  (Read 2947 times)

nadesico

Blood Hammer 1500 for 6th edition... possible?
« on: October 04, 2012, 11:55:26 PM »
As promised, here I am to subit an army list ;)

A brief introduction: back before in 5th edition, I usually played a Blood Hammer list, improved thanks to kirby's advices. It gave me many gratifications. But I couldn't really make it shine on the battlefild. I always had the feel I was lacking in troop or in some solid unit to challange deathstars. My choices for heavy fights were W veterans o Sangiunary Guard.

Right now I was thinkg about the way to optimize that list. Here is my first idea:

HQ
Librarian (135pts), Power Armour (35pts). Bolt Pistol, Psichic Axe, Space Marine Bike (35pts)
Elites
Brother Corbulo (55pts)
Sanguinary Priest (100pts): Power Armour (50pts), Bolt Pistol, Power Axe (15pts), Space Marine Bike (35pts)
Sanguinary Priest (90pts): Power Armour (40pts), Bolt Pistol, Jump Pack (25pts), Power Weapon (15pts)
Troops
Assault Squad (255pts): 9x Assault Marines (162pts), Meltagun (10pts), Meltagun (10pts), Retain Jump Packs, Veteran Sergeant (73pts)
Power Fist (25pts), Storm Shield (20pts)
Assault Squad (255pts): 9x Assault Marines (162pts), Meltagun (10pts), Meltagun (10pts), Retain Jump Packs, Veteran Sergeant (73pts)
Power Fist (25pts), Storm Shield (20pts)
Scout Squad (90pts): 4x Sniper Rifle, 4x Scouts (64pts). 4x Camo Cloaks (12pts). Veteran Sergeant (26pts), Bolt Pistol, Camo Cloak (3pts), Sniper Rifle
Fast Attack
Attack Bike Squadron (150pts): 3x Attack Bike (120pts), 3x Multimelta (30pts)
Heavy Support
Devestator Squad (190pts): 4x Devestator Marine (64pts), 4x Lascannon (100pts), Veteran Sergeant (26pts), Bolt Pistol, Bolter
Devestator Squad (130pts): 4x Devestator Marine (64pts), 4x Missile Launcher (40pts), Veteran Sergeant (26pts), Bolt Pistol, Bolter

Librian and the bike priest attach to the Attack bikes to make a mid-ragne solid anti-elte/tank unit. I think this way could solve the problem of survability of Librarian, blast heavy tanks at 18'' and make a forth scoring unit in 4th(?) special mission.

Snipers are a back scoring unit, supported by corbulo for FNP who could protect the devastators too. Devastatos could make scoring troop in the 3rd mission, and Corbulo could support them too.

Assault squads are my first concern. They are solid and I usually kept one full and divide the other in a melta unit (for anti tank) and a PF unit a little away to charge in the following turn. I can't decide about the sergents gear. Storm Shield is useful for Challanges but it's a 50% survavibily being hitted first due to powefist. Power weapon, maybe? Plasma? I can't figure it right now.

EDIT: Forgot! I's a 1.500 points list

Well, that's all, I think.
Please, be brutal XD and comment!

« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 12:43:28 AM by nadesico »

Offline Wyrmnax

• Regular
    • View Profile
Re: Blood Hammer 1500 for 6th edition... possible?
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2012, 07:39:37 AM »
Arent you going to be missing a few troops there? Feels like it is a bit light on the number of scoring bodies.

Also, what is the point of paying for Fist + Storm Shield on a Sergeant? You are paying a total of 70 points for a 1 wound model, is it worth?

Lascannons on the devastator squads are way overpriced. Get more missiles, and you have mobile meltaguns to deal with the eventual AV 13-14.

nadesico

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2012, 08:46:10 AM »
I was thinking about a fourth scoring unit, indeed. Another assault squad maybe?

As said, the seargents are my biggest concern. There is a setting able to make them sustain Challanges? My aim would be to save the sanguinary priest.

My original setting of the blood hammer was about 3 full missiles devastator squad... maybe a single lascannon to use with signum?

Also, there is the problem of the 2+ saves, more common than ever.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 09:03:05 AM by nadesico »

nadesico

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2012, 09:45:19 PM »

Another idea: could an Aegis Defence Line be a good investment in points? With a Icarus Lascannon manned by Corbulo (BS5)?

nadesico

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2012, 02:41:28 AM »
Updated with a modified list used yesterday.
Different approch. Lost an Ass Squad to get a Tac Squad. I feel that a midboard presecence give me more treating range and can support better the assault unit. Lost the 2 melta for a Multimelta an a Plasma gun to deal with infantry and havvy infantry.
Three Dev Squad for light tank and Monstrous Creatures. Corbulo give FnP and uses the Quod Cannon. Finally, Veterans assault directly wounded units or give Ass Squad time to move foward. They can also blow up a single heavvy tank or contest an objective.
Played Hammer and Anvil for the second time. KP. Almost a draw, but I could infilict more damage thanks to more missiles and the tacticals behind Aegis Line.

The list: 1500 pts

HQ
Librarian (125pts), Power Armour (35pts). Bolt Pistol, Psichic Maul, Jump Pack (25pts): Powers: Blood Lance/Shield or Divination
Elites
Brother Corbulo (105pts)
Sanguinary Priest (75pts): Power Armour (40pts), Bolt Pistol, Jump Pack (25pts), Chainsword
Troops
Assault Squad (235pts): 9x Assault Marines (162pts), Meltagun (10pts), Meltagun (10pts), Retain Jump Packs, Veteran Sergeant (73pts)
Power Fist (25pts)
Tactical Squad (180pts): Multimelta (0pts), Plasmagun (10pts), 9x Tactical Marine (144pts), Veteran Sergeant (26pts), Bolt Pistol, Bolter
Scout Squad (100pts): 3x Sniper Rifle, Missile Launcher (10), 4x Scouts (64pts). 4x Camo Cloaks (12pts). Veteran Sergeant (26pts), Bolt Pistol, Camo Cloak (3pts), Sniper Rifle
Fast Attack
Vanguard Veteran Squad (180pts): 4x Bolt Pistol, 4x Chainsword, 3x Melta Bombs (15pts), 4x Vanguard Veterans (120pts), 4x Jump Packs (40pts), Veteran Sergeant (45pts), Bolt Pistol, Jump Pack (10pts), Power Sword
Heavy Support
Devestator Squad (120pts): 4x Devestator Marine (64pts), 3x Missile Launcher (40pts), Veteran Sergeant (26pts), Bolt Pistol, Bolter
Devestator Squad (130pts): 4x Devestator Marine (64pts), 4x Missile Launcher (40pts), Veteran Sergeant (26pts), Bolt Pistol, Bolter
Devestator Squad (150pts): 4x Devestator Marine (64pts), 2x Lascannon (50pts) 1x Missile Launcher (10pts), Veteran Sergeant (26pts), Bolt Pistol, Bolter
Fortifications
Aegis Defence Line (100): base (50), Quod Gun (50)

Any thoughts?

« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 03:28:58 AM by nadesico »

Offline Majinmonkey

• Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2012, 06:56:30 AM »
Do you bunker all your devs behind the ADL near corbulo?

Dang, that seems like a pretty tough fire wall considering you are 3+ cover and 5+  fnp against nearly any shots.

The only thing I could think of to move them short of close combat would be a basalisk.

If you play terrain placement as in the BYB, new careful not to let your opponent put big solid LOS blockers in front of the quad gun, since its especially important to your strategy and gets placed first.

nadesico

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2012, 07:45:26 AM »
Thanks for the fast replay.
My club dosen't use the terrain placement, because in the tournaments they usually attend tables are pre-arranged by the staff. So, the elements are randomly placed by a third player  ;D
Quod gun attracts many shots, indeed. Unfortunately, it can be shot directly, as it does not follow artillery rules to "transfer" the hits (5 scouts as "wounds" with cloaks would made it almost unbreakable XD). It dosen't last more then third turn, usually. However, the wall itsfelf is usable by the most of the army, so I think it's worthwile.
By the way, a more expert player strongly suggest to remove the las devastarors and the quod gun turret to get a Las-Melta Stormraven. I'm unsure about this...
« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 08:00:51 AM by nadesico »

Offline Majinmonkey

• Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2012, 08:30:20 AM »
My default opinion on the storm raven is it is terrible, but i'm sure that's just my last edition hated for it talking.

Objectively, it got a lot tougher by being a flyer, although it might still be overpriced at 230+ points, its surely not as bad as it could be.

I like the premade boards generally, especially if they use NOVA guidelines. Its fun to place terrain but it takes a while, and I disagree with both knowing your side first, and placing fortifications first. It just lets people be jerks about the terrain.

The list looks good and competitive though, as others have noted, i'm not sure the lascannons are the best choice in the dev squads, I usually buy them for my tactical marines, and combat squad them so I have a mobile plasma/melta rhino to take far away objectives and another back field scoring unit.

You could in fact trade in your 2 dev lascannons for 4 missiles to take you to max for the devs, and use the last ten points for a Las in the tactical.

EDIT: Think I miscalculated, but yeah, I'd say just go missiles instead. The only thing I think lascannons are good vs are AV 13, so crons and preds.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 08:33:57 AM by Majinmonkey »