Author Topic: Trimming down Chaos + IG allies for 2k  (Read 1672 times)

Offline Wyrmnax

• Regular
    • View Profile
Trimming down Chaos + IG allies for 2k
« on: October 05, 2012, 07:57:51 AM »
So...

First try to get my chaos back into the table, since it has been off since the begginings of 5th edition.

List is clocking at a total of 2206 points. I need to trim it down to 2k. Would like some suggestions on how i can do it, or if i can shift stuff around to be more point effective.

HQ
Sorcerer (Mastery 3) - 110
>> Biomancy. Looking for Enfeeble or Endurance. Since he does come with a Force Weapon, the only power that does nothing is Hemorrage. And if i roll it, i can still roll twice more.

Troops

Chaos Space Marines (5 Extras, 2x Plasmaguns) - 170
- Rhino - 35

- Rhino - 35

- Rhino - 35

>> Somewhat cheap Plasmagunners. For controlling the midfield. Having a serious argument with myself if it wouldnt be better to simple bring meltaguns instead of the plasmas for the added versatility. But then, the only way i have to deal with 2+ armor otherwise are the terminators.

Elites

Chaos Terminators (4 extras, Powerfist, Chainfist) - 238
>> Sorcerer runs with them. Powerfist on Champion. Champion can take a lot of challenges, and is supposed to protect the sorcerer from something that will eat it. Also, melee punch unit to avoid getting my CSM tied in melee with something they cannot win.

Fast Attack

Chaos Spawn (4 extras, MoN) - 180
>> Melee punch unit #2. Not as killy as the terminators, but much more resilient. Can also serve as a nice tarpit against, well, anything. Even hammernators will need 2~3 rounds to chew up 18 T6 wounds.

Chaos Bikers (2x Meltagun, MoN) - 108
>> Mobile Melta. T6 so if the enemy wants to eliminate it then it will need either anti tank or a lot of bolters.

Heavy Support

Havocs (4x Autocannon) - 115

>> To deal with any transports/light tanks/aircraft. On average, each one of them strips 3 Hull points of AV 11 in one round of shoting, and 2 from AV 12. Due to volume of fire can also deal with infantary really well.

IG Allies

HQ

Company Command Squad (4 Meltaguns) - 90
- Chimera - 55
>> Because i was lacking meltaguns. This one is supposed to go up to midfield with the marines to help deal with AV.

Troops

Infantary platoon

Platoon Command Squad (4 flamers) - 50
- Chimera - 55
>> Midfield rush up unit. Makes getting too close to my combat avoiding marines risky.

Infantary Squad (Autocannon) - 60
- Chimera - 55

Infantary Squad (Autocannon) - 60
- Chimera - 55
>> Sit down on a objective, shoot off all game. I have CSM to push midfield, i needed stuff that was cheap and expendable to hold far away objectives. IG are better than cultists in that - same price, same survivability, but they come with a decent weapon, better ld and their guns can shoot to 24" withouth paying extra. Chimeras are there to add more shooting and keep them relatively safe from small arms.

Fast Attack

Vendetta - 130
>> Because they have a better flyer than chaos costing 45 points less and i was lacking on something that could shoot at another flyer or at long ranged high AV tanks.

Offline Zero

• View Profile
Re: Trimming down Chaos + IG allies for 2k
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2012, 09:55:56 PM »
I quite like it honestly. As for what to drop, maybe lose one unit of Autocannon Havocs and then a Terminator and a Spawn or something like that.
What matters creative endless toil
When, at a snatch, oblivion ends the coil?