Author Topic: 1500 Necron Test List  (Read 1862 times)

nadesico

1500 Necron Test List
« on: October 19, 2012, 12:22:25 PM »
As discussed previously in the main page chat, here is a necron list, that I'm trying to trim toward efficency.

Necron Test list (1500pts)

HQ (365pts)
Necron Overlord (365pts)
Mindshackle Scarabs (15pts), Sempiternal Weave (15pts), Warscythe (10pts)
Catacomb Command Barge (80pts) Tesla Cannon

Royal Court (155pts)
Harbinger of Destruction (55pts) Eldritch Lance, Solar Pulse (20pts) (Solar Pulse)

Harbinger of the Storm (25pts) Voltaic Staff (Haywire)

Harbinger of the Storm (50pts)
Ether Crystal (15pts) (Ether Crystal), Lightning Field (10pts) (Lightning Field), Voltaic Staff (Haywire)

Elites (95pts)
5x Deathmark (95pts)

Troops (565pts)
10x Necron Immortal (170pts) 10x Gauss Blaster

5x Necron Warrior (65pts)  + Night Scythe (100pts)

5x Necron Warrior (65pts) +  Night Scythe (100pts)

5x Necron Warrior (65pts),

Fast Attack (120pts)

4x Canoptek Scarab Base (60pts)

4x Canoptek Scarab Base (60pts)

Heavy Support (355pts)
Annihilation Barge (90pts)

Doomsday Ark (175pts)

It's absolutely not perfect! My first concern is the lack of troops. Maybe losing the command barge and deathamrks and trimming the list for 2x10 warriors + a Ghost Ark? Scarabs are there as countercharge.
How make this a better list?
« Last Edit: October 19, 2012, 12:35:02 PM by nadesico »

Offline Majinmonkey

• Regular
    • View Profile
Re: 1500 Necron Test List
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2012, 06:16:49 AM »
So first off, why the ether crystal? Was it 15 points at the end you didn't know what to do with? I'm not sure the ether crystal is terrible, but i'm pretty sure its very situational and not at all impressive. In the very best circumstances you break a deep striking vehicle, otherwise out MIGHT kill an MEQ, maybe.

Next up is the doomsday ark, I've only tried it once so I can't bash it, but I've like to hear why you picked it. I suppose its a boss at taking out clumped up MEQ, but I think mass str 5 does the job well enough.

The scarabs are counter charge units? My only issue is that scarabs fall over to a stiff wind, much less some harsh language coughing boltguns. 4 of them won't flee, which is rad, but really, if the lose a model or two before chose combat, 2 or 3 doesn't really provide much of a speed bump to any units that hit harder than vanilla marines, and worst case scenario you provide free combat resolution if they fight in the same combat as the immortals, who i'm assuming they were planning to protect as they moved up to sweet, sweet midfield. Now scarabs alone are very different than scarabs with a few spiders, so keep that in mind.

A much better counter charge unit imo is wraiths. They tear apart MEQ's, they are 3++ fearless vs everything else and don't ruin multiunit combat resolution. At str 6 rending they can punch the fuck out of transports, or effectively assault the models inside. And I don't lie when I say saving the jump pack for a reroll on the charge distance can really be a game saver.That being said, I know they are more expensive, but they really can fight almost anything  and make damn good use of the new fearless.

So my last thought is on the deathmarks. I have tried them numerous times and have never felt very accomplished afterwards, besides for the occasional precision shot I've not found them worth their points. They'd be better off as another counter charge, so either two spiders (almost) or more scarabs, or points put towards upgrading the scarabs to wraiths. In another direction, they could be purged to buy more warriors, and could even upgrade a unit to immortals if you wanted.

So if I were modifying this list for my own use, it would look like this:
Necrons 1494 points

HQ (365pts)
Necron Overlord (365pts)Mindshackle Scarabs (15pts), Sempiternal Weave (15pts), Warscythe (10pts)Catacomb Command Barge (80pts) Tesla Cannon

Royal Court (130pts)
Harbinger of Destruction (55pts) Eldritch Lance, Solar Pulse (20pts)
Harbinger of the Storm (25pts)Voltaic Staff (Haywire)

Troops (591pts)

10x Necron Immortal (170pts) 10x Gauss Blaster
6x Necron Warrior (78pts)  + Night Scythe (100pts)
6x Necron Warrior (78pts) +  Night Scythe (100pts)
5x Necron Warrior (65pts)

Fast Attack (140pts)
4x Canoptek Wraith (140pts)

Heavy Support (270pts)